Welcome to our Journey

This is a long post I wanted to share with you how this all began. I want you to know this is a calling from God and I give all credit to him. He is the one who opened our stubborn hearts, He is the one who showed us who was missing in our family.
I can not believe I actually am typing this. The beginning of this journey began at the beginning of February so as you can imagine this reality is so joyful. So here is how it began......
It began with a dream that I was surrounded by a group if little children with down syndrome all wanting to be picked up by me, it is all I really can remember of it. Over the next couple of weeks different things kept coming up so I began think this is something stirring in me. I kept it to myself because to be quit honest it FREAKED me out. But I just couldn't shake the feeling there was a child that belong into our family, a little girl around the age of 3. Still keeping it to myself I began to do some research on domestic Downs Syndrome adoptions and come to find out more than 90% of women abort at the diagnosis of  DS and there is a waiting list of around 200 for DS children in America. We love our children with DS. Yeah!!! So during this search I found a web sight Reeces Rainbow where God showed me our two little darlings. He showed me that in Eastern Europe children with DS have no value (that is another post). This is when it really hit me, I new HE was going to ask me to make a very hard decision. My first reaction was "NO way I do not want to have kids living with me for the rest of my life", "I don't think I am capable of raising a child with DS", "What would people think?" now mind you it is still just one child with DS I hadn't even come to terms of adopting one when I heard God say it's two. "TWO! no way not two." So through prayer and many answered ones I began to see the path before me. Now it was time to share it with my dear husband, my soul mate and best friend. First few times not good results but God asked me to be patient and give him time. For those of you who know me when I make a decision I move. There is no waiting. So over the next several long long weeks God began to open his heart and we had many many long conversations that were filled with mixed emotions, I really began to have doubts. But yet again God reassured me. So I began to follow some stories on line and really began to see our lives with these little munchkins. I have read some amazing stories that truly Rocked my world. I printed the pictures of our children and hung them on the frig. and prayed for them daily. And then on July 11 it happened God said "MOVE" so Jason and I began a long conversation that lasted into the wee hours of the morning and we decided this is something we must do.

6 comments:

  1. I love you annie more than you'll ever know.

     
  2. We all looked at the new babies!! They will be a wonderful addition in our family. They are beautiful. Love (Jane, Jake, Rene, Miranda)

     
  3. I will be praying over your new babies and your whole family, Ann. It is a fabulous thing you are doing for the children - I'm proud of you!

    Michelle Lepper

     
  4. Ann, as I read this blog today I could not hold back the tears from flowing down my face. The level of faith and commitment to His will in your lives is inspiring and moves me in a way I can not put into words. Thank you for sharing in your obedience to the call of the Lord in your lives. I will pray for your family...all 7 of you!
    - Kristina

     
  5. I affirm you and Jason. I knew your family would open your arms and hearts through adoption and I just knew it would be to those who are precious to our Heavenly Father, but not valued by the world. I am praying a blessing for the Plummer Family, both here and in Russia. If there is anything the Linden's can do to help you, let us know.
    Kris

     
  6. I'm really glad you started this blog.... I know, I'm going to enjoy following and being enlightened on your journey.

    Oh, and by the way... be on the look out... we have an eagle that soars above our backyard each night (almost) around 6-7pm. He heads to the woods north of you.

    Michele

     

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, but please remember once yuo send you can not take back your words.