"I want my picnic"
I am totally freaking out here!!! I thought our first travel date would be around the end of February. Boy! was I wrong. We will possible be traveling around the end of December. YIKES!!! That is two months earlier than I thought. I'm not freaking out about traveling..not about leaving my kiddos here.....not about meeting our new daughter...Freaking out because we have $19,000 to raise. Oh please Lord show us the way. Open the hearts of those who will help. We have raised/saved nearly $11,000 and that is almost half way. We have near enough for our first trip. Once we return we will have anywhere from 4-8 weeks to raise the rest of the money we need.
It seems there are always stories of how families get the money they need right at the last minute....a minute before they travel...a minute before they think all hope is lost...of course it is all in His timing but what if someone on the other end missed the boat. I suppose I could play the "what if" game but, I will choose not and rely on what I know to be the truth.
Hebrews 13:5 Don't love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, "I will never fail you. I will never abandon you."
So back to those who get what the need at the last minute. I have followed enough adoption stories to see God's hands at work for these little helpless orphans and I know he is ever so faithful to us. I often say in a whining baby fit "I want My picnic"...... this statement refers to a family that raised nearly all they needed from a picnic they hosted at a local farm (I think). This picnic started out with one bad thing after another and the family really thought it was going to fail even before it began. I won't go into every detail but days before the picnic God started performing His amazing miracles and the results were astounding.
So again i will whine "I WANT MY PICNIC...WHERES MY PICNIC???"
I know God has already planned my picnic and he has sent out the invitations. Were you invited? Are you one of the elite guest?
Just so you don't forget all tax deductible donation can be made through Reece's Rainbow on our Family Sponsor Page http://reecesrainbow.org/sponsorplumme
Posted in: on Friday, October 29, 2010 at at 10:41 PM

Post a Comment
Comments are always welcome, but please remember once yuo send you can not take back your words.