Tis the Season...

..to be giving. I pull into countless parking lots and see the good people of salvation army ringing their bells in hope you will empty your pockets. Hoping to collect money for the needy. I do my part I gather my change and drop it in the red bucket but really is it enough? Is it enough to help the needy? I think we can all honestly answer "o, its not". Sure its enough to take the guilt away, its enough that we don't have to think about it anymore. We get to lay our heads down and sleep at night. Its not our burden, its not us in need or maybe it is and we feel "how can I help. I'm the one in need. I'm having a hard time paying my bills." My how disappointed our God must be. I won't go into all the materialistic things we "think" we need speech, you already know that talk. Nor do I want to hear how hard we work do we have the right to own such things. I just can't help thinking about all of the people truly in need and then think of all the people who truly can help. I heard of an article the other day where a reporter reported on the people who were always dressed for company. Yes, a reporter telling all of us who was ready to have the utmost important company to arrive at their door any minute. They were dressed in the highest fashion at any point in their day. Were talking about $1000 leggings!!! Now I know the average Joe isn't wearing $1000 leggings but really what has the world come to to think for one this would be important enough to even report about. And when did we begin to think we needed all this stuff. Tell you the truth it hasn't worked out real good for us. The average American is in debt up to their eye balls. Why? because we want this stuff. "WE" deserve it.
Want to know who we should be dressing for?  He is of the utmost important...God. You see recently someone in my family passed away, we weren't close but I can tell you many many loved her. Her death was unexpected, taken away by a fatal car accident. Our time is short here and God could be knocking at your door any minute. Are you dressed for Him? Have you sacrificed yourself for His will? Have you lived by His commands?

In case you have seen her before:
Meet Vika, her mommy here in America is working so hard to raise the nearly 33,000 to bring her home. Not because she wants another child to fill one of her wants, because she was called to take action. Because God asked her to step out in faith and rescue one of His earthly orphans.

Here is Brady:
He has already been transferred to an institution.


This is the shed where 20 or so boys get locked into to sit, or moan or rock. This is where Brady is. Fortunately for Brady his daddy and mommy heard the call. They know what they need to do and they are walking in obedience. Today Brady has a family working hard to get him out. Praise God!

This is how the boys in his institution use the bathroom. Not because no one cares but because there is no running water. Who do you think cleans these? You don't want to guess, its the boys capable of doing it. Not good enough to be in society but they could work in the institutions. Tis the Season ah?


This sweet boy I still can't stop thinking about. I'm still asking God why he has laid him on my heart. Is he suppose to be ours? Right now I just can't see raising another 12k on top of the near 18k we still need to raise to bring our little B home. Can I post enough times to get everyone to help? Can I say the right thing or post the right words? I'm really beginning to understand it is not me who can change the heart of others. There is only one who can do that and I need to give that to Him. I am desperately trying to save these children.

There are many faces on Reece's Rainbow that show what a true need is. A need is Family, a mommy, a daddy, sisters, brother, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.  Its medical care that is needed in order to survive. Unfortunately in their country doctors don't see any real value in them to even try and help. Can you imagine not even being worthy of medical treatment. Can you imagine taking your child to the doctor and them say that he/she is not worthy enough for them to help? I know your saying but what can I do? How can I help? Or that's not my business they are a world away. I say to you that they are children just like ours. They want to be safe and loved just like ours. I know most of you reading this have been following my blog for a while an completely agree. I know I am preaching to the choir some what. Part of me is probably looking for the right thing to say to convince you to help.

God is not here on earth except through you and me. Our hands are His hands, our feet our His feet if our heart is not beating for these orphans His is not.

This Season begin your journey of becoming His Hands and Feet and I do mean that literally. Sacrifice your wants for a child's needs.
Need to know how to do that? Need to know where to start? Start here and help an orphan you will never find a "want" more important than her needs. http://reecesrainbow.org/sponsorplumme
Sounds like a challenge ah? Take it how ever you want.
If your here and reading this your eyes have been opened. Do you know what that means? Proverbs 24:12

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, but please remember once yuo send you can not take back your words.