A Village
OH, how I want to bring this little guy home. He needs to be in our arms not behind those bars in a crib. I am hoping many more are saving their change to make a real change. It all adds up, sometimes quickly and sometimes not so quickly. His grant has grown some in the last few weeks but not nearly enough to get him home. Not knowing if he is ours is hard at times but I know God is faithful and He will let us know if he is ours. I wonder what his real name is. I wonder the same thing as I wonder about our Little V. Are they being loved, are they being taken care of or are they even allowed to be as a child should be? They say Matthew is not even walking yet. Is that because he has no one to take him by his tiny hand and lead him? Is it because day after day he lays in his crib? He has so much potential they say. In order to live up to that potential he needs out of his prison. Just two years old and living/trapped in a prison for babies. They call it a baby house, sound nice doesn't it? Little Carrington lived on a baby house.
| This is her at age 3 1/2, just six weeks ago when she was rescued. Weighing 11 lbs. |
I know the economy just seems so over whelming at times. I honestly believe that our God is stripping us down so that we can see the real needs in this world. Yes, in our back yards and across the world. How sad for Him to see this world fall apart. To watch people care more about the car they drive then about the stranger living on the streets. To see professional sports players get payed more per game then it would cost to feed a community. How sad to know that we would spend more money on a pair of shoes then we would spend to helping someone rescue an orphan. I know the excuses I am know I have said them myself. But that is exactly what they are excuses. They say we can not imagine the love God has for us, don't you think we can't even imagine the pain He has as well? We have to continue to be His hands and feet. There is no one else to do it.
Please take time to pray and ask the Lord what He will have you do to help Little Matthew. It may not be for us but it will be for him. We will do what it takes to bring him home. We will do what ever the Lord asks us. Right now He has asked us to advocate for him. Raise money for his grant and not our own. So that is what I am asking, for your help. For you to share our story. Share Matthew's story. Help send Jesus' hands and feet over to rescue him. It will take a village to bring this little one home to his forever family, and I do pray that it is us. I do know we are part of the village. Are you part of the village? Are you willing to pray, ask and be obedient to what the Lord will have you do?
Many Blessings Ann
Posted in: on Monday, April 25, 2011 at at 4:43 PM

Praying for you and your family. Being "in between" and not really knowing is one of the hardest places to be.
Brooke Annessa
www.theannessafamily.blogspot.com
Are you going to try to adopt him? I have been praying for him before I found your blog. I knew he was going to get a family! He needs a family!
~Beth