Its Something We Do

I love this devotional. I just think is shows a glimpse of what we have witnessed in our journey over the past nine months. I can barely believe it has been that long and looking back I am so humbled by the love we have been shown by all of you. Thank you will never be enough but please know we are so so "Thankful"
We are just $10,000 way from our goal ad I am so excited to see how this all unfolds.  If you want to be part of the ending please use the Reece's Rainbow link on the right hand side to donate.
Enjoy!
 
Faith is Something We Do

by Rick Warren
“Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, ‘Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,’ but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?” James 2:15-16 (NIV)  Jesus showed us that faith is practical. When we see a need, we do something about it. Faith is more than something you just feel. Many people confuse emotions and feelings with faith. They come to church and they’re moved emotionally, they're inspired, and they're stimulated. But that doesn’t mean they’re walking in faith. The Bible says faith is something we do, not just what we feel. In other words, faith is not mere sentimentality. Let’s say I go out on the street and I see someone who is homeless and destitute. I see that person is hungry, cold, in need of clothing and shelter. Would I be showing great faith if I walked up and said, “Cheer up! Don't worry, be happy! Feel good! Put on a happy face?”
It doesn’t take much faith to do that. Faith carries compassion. Faith says, “I’ll do anything I can to stop your hurt.” Throughout the New Testament, the witnesses say Jesus was moved with compassion for people. Jesus showed us that faith is practical. When we see a need, we do something about it. We don't just toss out a quick - “Well, I'll pray for you.” The Bible says we show our faith by what we do.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Thanks for sharing!

    Brooke Annessa
    www.theannessafamily.blogspot.com

     
  2. I really like your post. thanks for sharing

     
  3. Preach on, sista! I always say I can't preach it if I don't live it. You are definitely living it. Love your heart, sweet friend and I am still plugging away at my Matthew jar... when can I donate all of it?

     
  4. Amen!

    I'm praying for your adoption and looking forward to getting to know you once you're home and can join us "After the Rainbow".

    Blessings,
    Rachel Whitmire
    Post-Adoption Care Coordinator
    Reeces Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry
    www.reecesrainbow.org

     

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, but please remember once yuo send you can not take back your words.