tiny hands :)
So here are the gorey details :) Sunday we spent the day in Moscow. We people watched mainly. Boris, our facilitator, insisted on us taking tours of the Kremlin wall but we were way too ober whelmed to attempt to buy tickets. We walked around then went back to the hotel for a bit them headed out to dinner. Again it was a bit over whelming. We looked and looked for TGIF but had no luck but them we spotted something familular.
Yep thats Chilies. Let me tell you is was awesome!!! And our waiter spoke great english!
So early Monday morning Boris and Irena picked us up to head out to the kiddos region. We drove about 2.25 hours. We hit the ground running....... Appointment after appointment. But we were interviewed by the head Lady of Social Services in the car on the way to the orphanage. It was nice because I didn't expect it so I didnt' sit around and anticipate. She asked us over and over "why we choose a child with Downs Sydrome" I gave her our reasons and then some adn she still continued to ask. We arrived to the orpahange in about 10 min and boy was I relieved. After she saw us with Matvey she no longer asked. It was a bit of chaos. After about two minutes of being there they brought him out and handed him to me. Since we landed her I kept thinking to myself "Why am I doing this? This is crazy" but at that moment when they placed him in my arms I knew the reason. I had no doubts why I was here. He is just the sweetest thing. The head Social worker said "Matvey afraid of strangers. He cries with strangers" Matvey did not cry once with us. As soon as he was handed to me he layed on my shoulder. Social Worker said "He know where he belong" and I said HELL YES HE DOES!!!!.. not really but I thought it. LOL! During our visit right at the same time the doctor came and read all of his medical info to us. I have got to say she loves our little guy. She talked about him with smiles and made eye contact with me and up to this point no official even look at us not even acknowledged us. The first office we walked into the women didn't even turn her head from the computer. NOT ONCE, talk about intimidating. Those who know me know that I am not imtimidated too easy, I have been sence I stepped off of the plain. Just when we get comfortable we move on. Yesturday we were in Moscow, today in Tver and then after our am visit tomorrow with Matvey we will head to Kashin to see Varvara; we will stay there until Thursday afternoon. Then head back to Tver until Saturday morning when we head back to Moscow to fly home. Second visit with Matvey: We arrived about 20 min late UGH!!! We have permission to see him from 9:30-12:30 and then 3:30-6:00 The nanny brought him out to us to walk around outside OUT OF THE SUN!! Just imagine; It was late afternoon and like at home it does not get dark until 9:30ish so there was barely shade and we had to share it with another couple visiting there little baby. The orphanage sat on less then an 1/4 acrea. Matvey would not keep his hat on adn we sat on the cement parking lot for awhile (it was the only shade) I will continue the rest in a bit I know a few people who are waiting for photos and they have to work ;) for you taryn) There alot of details so I can remember for myself. This blog is a place to hold my memories Let's resume. I did notice some typing errors but you will just have to forgive me. I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. Also today we were goin on little food. Boris took us to the market it was just like Sams Club. I was so relieved because we are heading out tomorrow to Kashin and not sure they will have much plus we will be alone. Boris will take us to the first appointment and then off to meet Varvara then on our own for two days. Yikes!! A little freeky. I have got to say for all of you who are coming to this area adn working with Boris's team you will love him. He is funny, goofy, impatient, a scatter brain and talks alot. He is quite entertaining. I can be sacastic and joke with him and he laughs. When I post a photo of him you will see he has alot of marks on his face.... looks like acne but it was an alergic reaction. While in "Sams Club" he walked around and just ate stuff, just about anything. He was eating what I think was arugla, yes green plant, He wanted us to buy some. HE said "It good, He love" then said "but I be carful, alergic" I said you should get more then LOL!!! Then I said "Boris! that is silly put it back!" He looked at me with a huge smile and said "Thant You, I need you tell me that". Then he tried talking us into a healthy bread "NOt make belly fat" I said "No I want the kind that makes you fat. LOL!!" Then he turned around two seconds later "you want to buy ice cream? How about candy?" I busted out laughing at him and told him "your a fool!" I enjoy being around him he is so funny. And he opens food right in the store "to try them and see if He like" (a bag of chips after he bought his "healthy" bread) So all you region 14 families don't worry you will love Boris and Irena. Also they take very good care of you. Always making sure you have what you need and if you don't ASK!!!! They will get anything and they will work at it until you get it. And I have not seen any Reece's Rainbow babies yet. :( sorry. Maybe in the morning or Thursday when we return to Tver. Ok I have to go my eyes are shutting as i type. Updates may not come until Thursday night when we return from Kashin Strange to type those words.... we are in Russia. Very bizzar :) |
Ann!!! He is so beautiful! He must have felt like heaven in your arms. thanks for the photos they are awesome!
He is awesome. I don't know what else to say. Such a sweet little face. Thks for pics makes us all feel closer. This dosnt feel real. Love love love the pics. Xoxo. His little face makes ya cry a little.
oh ann, he sure is TINY!! he looks like a wee little one, but oh so soft and snuggly! safe travels tomorrow!!
I can't believe you are finally holding your baby boy. He is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
awggggghhhh he is sooo adorable... :) xxxxx so glad you have gotten visits in with him..I can't imagine that feeling --its just meant to be and so cool : ) can't wait to keep following : ) xxx
Awwwwwww!!! There he is!! And looking more adorable than ever! Little snuggle bug <3 I'm in love xxxx
So excited for you two. The emotions, the memories, and the blessings. So many things to remember. Can't wait to see and hole your babies too. Blessings to you all on your journey.
Oops, so excited for your four in Russia, the family back home, and all of us here. Thanks for including us. :)
Ann, I miss talking to you, and check here a few times a day for updates! THey are a couple lucky kiddos to be having you guys for their Mommy & Daddy. HE is so cute!! My word... I cant wait to see more pictures. I am praying for you guys each and every day!! Love Taryn