I know I am in a battle I'll win

Recently a woman posted to the yahoo adoption group I belong to.
The war is on those children, and it always has been...from the days where they were first to go in Nazi Germany, and days before that when they were drowned at birth, and here in America where we have been convinced that we are saving them by aborting them...and institutions where they die slow or maybe not so slow but completely lonely...
The pain for the enemy when people truly walk the walk and reach across to love these children who respond in love even though they have never seen it, well the enemy's pain must twist him into remembering what Jesus did for us. It is easy to bring the fight down to our level and think that it is against the proverbial "me" but it isn't. It is about completing the things God has set before us. And the fight is over us all and about glorifying God. If you have not come to a point of following God yet, then this probably sounds like nonsense, but imagine it were true. The consistency is overwhelming in the intensity of the battle. And when we reach out for someone who needs us to teach them that love is real, I am always surprised that birds don't sing and the deer sprint on cue, but instead demons roaming the earth start hollering and pointing, so we can be attacked. And angels fight over our heads and great throngs cheer for us in heaven. But in battle that stuff gets forgotten because of what is right in front of me making me crazy for the day.
I realize I am in a battle. A battle to rescue these babies. A battle to fight against the odds. A battle that I now know I must win. A battle I will win.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, but please remember once yuo send you can not take back your words.