PLan B
Of course we have a plan B. Who would be crazy enough to plan for something like this with just a plan A. The thing is, we didn't plan this one. We were asked by our God, our Father. The same Father that promises He will not abandon us. I hold on to that. I knew I would have to 100% rely on God, but THIS! This is crazy! Wonder what I am rambling about? Well since the beginning of this journey I knew the only way we could raise 37k would have to be in Gods hands. How else does a single income home get enough money to rescue a child? How would just one person do that? They can't! Its plain and simple, they just CAN'T. So I started last July with a letter to every one in my email list and to every person on face book(my friends list), I asked each person if they would be willing to set aside $10 for 10 weeks to help us bring our daughter home. End result was 33 people choose to bless us equalling 3,300. Next came two full weekends of fundraiser sales grand total $5200. Then came bottle drives, bracelet sales, craft shows, begging, and pleading and God sent some amazing friends who tithe to us and our grand total now is 19,567. It it enough? Nope! We still need 18k. "So what now?" we asked ourselves. Today we step forward on an emergency plan B we went to our financial institution to see about refinancing. Thank goodness we have excellent credit, thank goodness we have a decent amount of equity. At least that's what we thought would get us through. Remember when I said "I knew I would have to 100% rely on God?", well DENIED that is what we got. I can not believe this is it. We have no where to turn but to all of you. We have three weeks. Do I believe God is still in control? Yes, I do. Do I still believe He is going to make this happen? Yes, and I can not stop believing that. We have a daughter that needs a family. She has been growing on our hearts for almost a year now. We don't know alot about her but I do know she is just a tiny little three year old. She was likely given up at birth. I'm sure her mommy loved her dearly as she loves all of her children but she knew there would be no life for her in her country. Our little B has Downs Syndrome and in her country that means no acceptance in her family, no play dates with friends, no child care, nor schooling just hidden away from people and no matter how much her mommy loved her this would never changed. Now she sits in a orphanage where I hope and pray someone is caring for her. I hope and pray there will be enough who will care to bring her home. God has whispered more than once His Love for this little girl and He has whispered "there will be enough to care." I ask often: " 35,000 enough?!!!" I believe He can and I believe He will. I have to. All my hope is in Him. Like I said in just three short weeks we will learn all there is to know about our daughter. We will know her name, her birthday, her family and how many siblings, her health condition, her personality, and when we can go see her. Please help us bring her home.
Posted in: on Friday, February 4, 2011 at at 7:38 PM

I was inspired by this post to put in a small donation. I am a student so it is not much, but hopefully if more people contribute small amounts, God's plan will be realized. I am of a slightly different religious affiliation but my faith in God is strong and I know it takes the work of his people to bring his plans into action.