Chaos and Love
This is a baby picture of Matthew. I believe God has already chosen his family. I truly do not know who it is but I pray daily for them. I pray they read this post and feel compelled to step forward no matter how scary it seems. No matter if they never thought they would adopt a child with special needs. No matter if 40,000 just plain freaks them out. To be quite honest never in a million years did I think we would be on that journey ourselves. I can not even begin to tell you how blessed we are; how blessed we have been just because we said yes to this adoption journey. It was a year ago last month that I had a dream about little orphans with Down Syndrome. Literally it started with a dream and look where we are at now.
We are about to travel across the world to meet our daughter. Our daughter who was born three and half years ago. The exact time that I begged my husband to adopt a child from Ethiopia. My niece had come home from there and I felt compelled then to rescue a child from a life with no future or hope. My husband said no. He really didn't even give it a second thought. Sure he pretended he did but I knew he didn't. I prayed that God would take the burden from my heart and He did. Little did I know that three years later he would lay that burden down again.
September 2007- I asked my husband to adopt from Ethiopia, He said "No"
September 2007- Our daughter Little V was born
September 2010- Committed to Little V with Matthew on our heart.
Bringing us up to date we still do not know if Matthew will be ours. He has relatives in his country who have to give permission for an international adoption. We have to raise another 10,000. I am not sure if God is asking us to bring him home. I will do what ever I need to do to help this little boy. I am not sure if anyone is willing to give anymore. I have to believe they will if they feel led to, if they feel led to help rescue him, if they carry a burden on their heart as I do. I have to believe if God wants him in our family then his family will release him, his grant will reach the 12,000 mark. I have to believe if he is meant to ours God will continue to lead us to him.
Two years he has been waiting for a family of his own. Two years of laying in his crib waiting for some one to hold him and tell him they love him. I can feel him in my arms at times. I can see my life full of children with chaos and love overflowing my cup.
I have a beautiful family full of love. Not perfect but perfectly imperfect.
Please consider helping us raise his grant so when we head over to his country there will be a chance we can say yes. Yes, to loving him for the rest of his life.
To donate click here:
Posted in: on Saturday, April 9, 2011 at at 8:28 PM

Post a Comment
Comments are always welcome, but please remember once yuo send you can not take back your words.