Jars, Pearls, Matthew, and Give Aways!

There is a connection between the four jars, pearls, Matthew and give aways. I am asking that each and everyone of you find and empty jar and titling it "Matthew's Jar" decorate it any way you please and for the next 6 weeks collect all the change you can scrap up from pennies to quarters. At the end of the six weeks I am asking that what ever change you have gathered that you  would donate it to Matthew's grant. Email me a photo of your family's jar for Matthew so I can post it to this blog. You will then be entered into the Pearl necklace Give Away and other goodies.  On May 23 I will draw for two people to win one of the pearl necklaces (Photo below) and other stuff. These are real authentic pearls. They were given to me by a friend to do what I pleased with in hopes to raise money for our adoption. I am donating them for this give away to help Matthew get home to whom ever it may be.
This is going to be fun. Get your family involved. Have your kids ask friends and relatives for any spare change. We can all give change to make a change in this sweet boys life.
IF you would like to make a monetary donation before the six weeks is up please click on his photo on the right hands side of this blog.


"18

"18 Six strands of ribbon
This set of bracelet,s hand made by
me, will also be giving away. I sell them
for $26/set
I will also give this set of bracelets away, hand
Made by Me
sold for $26/set







Cookie Lee Jewlery
necklace donated by Natalie Miles
•Offering two (2) of these  -- Gift certificate to lia sophia (worth ~$100), good for a FREE peice of jewelry--anything in the current catalog that is $100 or less! See the catalog online at http://www.liasophia.com/sites/adele/catalog-intro.
•Two (2) -- lia sophia jewelry (past line pieces)

range in value from $50 to $100 each. Photos coming soon


5 HOURS of Genealogy for your family

•For 1 person -- 5 hours of genealogy research (a value of $250)

•Genealogy usually takes hours and hours to find out all that you want to know about your ancestors. The 5 hours I'm offering is a free "mini course" so-to-speak: the winner should pinpoint a specific goal to be accomplished (e.g. "I know my grandmother was born in Des Moines but I don't know anything about her parents or siblings. I want to learn about them.), and I will do 5 hours of research for them on this research problem, providing them whatever results I find, including pedigree charts, family group records, documents I find about the family, maps, etc. I will also provide a list of "next steps" for them.

•AS A NOTE: As part of my "day job" I've worked on celebrity trees for the Who Do You Think You Are? and The Generations Project television shows. The research results shown in those TV shows took weeks and months to achieve. I say that because often people will set an unrealistic expectation for what can be accomplished in 5-10 hours (they expect the researcher to hit the "Easy Button" and print out the complete family histroy). Having given that caveat... a lot can be accomplished in 5 hours, especially by a professional like myself who knows where to look and how to quickly interpret findings.




This is our Matthew Jar, it already has over $13!
 





Jennifer Abell's Jar
Tamarah Saylor's







Wiegersma Family's Jar



Rachel Gander's










Aunt Jenny's Baggie ! :)

Sarah Birschbach's


Autumn Winkle's Jar







Wagner Family's Jar

3 comments:

  1. We have our jar started! :) Rachel (Matthew's Easter Warrior, also my BFF) and I are scheming up fundraisers for sweet Matthew! :)

    Sarah
    www.matthew18vs14.blogspot.com
    www.handiworkforelijah.blogspot.com

     
  2. I'm going to make a jar :) Matthew is one of my favorites on RR he is such a little "gem" and is so handsom! :) :)

    (I will post my picture on fb and tag you in it when I get the jar fixed up. Ok?)

     
  3. This is a great idea! I am wanting to get into the uniquely u bracelet/necklace site and apparently need to be invited. Can you make this happen?

     

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, but please remember once yuo send you can not take back your words.