I Hate to Say It...

or even think it. I do believe even before we said yes to this journey God knew the exact dollar amount it would cost to bring our sweet babies home. It's crazy to think that Reece's Rainbow had it off by $12,000. I have contacted them once about the cost but looks like I will need to contact them again.
I clearly understand why people don't choose to adopt from "R*****". The cost is unbelievable. I understand that most won't understand why we would choose a country with cost this high. I know I have explained this before but we didn't choose. I like to explain it like this "Our children choose us" or "God choose for us." All along this journey has not been about Jason and Igetting "more" children to fill our home. Said it before and I will say it again.... I can still have children and I love being pregnant and I would of had no problem doing it again but that isn't what God asked. He asked us to trust him 100%.  He asked us to rely on Him with all the Faith we can muster up. He asked us to follow in His footsteps and with all that He promised He would see us through to the end.
What He didn't ask is for us to worry that it would work. He didn't ask us to loose faith that He will provide. He didn't ask us to quite with just one child because of the money. He didn't ask us to stop fighting for the least of these. He didn't ask us to feel guilty for asking for your help.
So we choose to walk in obedience. We choose to keep advocating for our needs. We choose to move forward with the faith we have. We have chosen to love the unloved.
So it leads me to begin to ask for your support again. I will be posting about a few fundraisers in the next couple of weeks one being a  "31 Gifts" party, another is we will putting together a fundraiser/garage sale for all you local folks.  We will need donations and word of mouth to spread our story.
As always we would be so blessed to receive any monetary donations. I know you all have donated so much already but we can not do this with out you. I know some of you are saying then why are you doing this. Why take on something you can not afford. Well it's quite simple because these are our children that God has asked us to rescue. These two children need the Hands and Feet of Jesus to bring them home. They need all of us to make a small sacrifice for just a short period of time to save them from a life that isn't even fit for a dog.
We need approximately $13,000 still. As always all donations are tax deductible through Reece's Rainbow. Our family grant has almost $19,000 that was donated by all of you over the last 9 months and we are blessed more than we can imagine but we can not give up now that we are so close to rescuing not one but two lives. Hence... Two Lives one Journey ;)
Thank you for taking the time to read this. Thank you for all of your prayers. Thank you for what ever you do to help our cause.
Next post breakdown of added cost for bringing Matthew home.

4 comments:

  1. I love that it worked out like God had in mind all along, two lives, one journey. Praying hearts are moved and the funds will come pouring in. If there is anything I can do please let me know. I am here for all of you.

     
  2. I'm so happy that you are going to adopt him! Your in my prayers! This journey is going to be hard. But a life is being saved! I'm speechless! All I can say is thank you!!!!!!!!

    ~Beth

     
  3. Oh I'm SO happy for your guys! Matthew is such a cutie pie! I'm going through our toys and clothes again this month. If you email me your address I'll ship a box of stuff for your yard sale, if you want. Penelope wears her bracelets EVERY day still. I think I'll be needing a couple more. I'll place an order in a couple weeks. Your family is still in our prayers.
    Angie R.
    wifeofworldsbesthusband at hotmail dot com

     
  4. It's funny I have a lot of people cringe when I tell them what I need to raise. They ask "Why can't you go some where cheaper?" Sure I could except that I know in my heart Sophia is my daughter so how do I walk away or "choose" someone or somewhere else? I'm so excited for your family! <3

     

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, but please remember once yuo send you can not take back your words.