Have you ever asked??
I've asked. I have asked more than once, more than I can count. I have asked God "Why am I here? What do you have planned for my life?" I could feel it, I knew there was something I just could figure out what it was. I remember reading books you know the ones. The books that say they can show you what God has planned; the ones that say they can show you how to hear God in your life. I think that is where I went wrong, I thought books and authors could tell me what God had planned. I thought they could tell me what path to take. Don't get me wrong I am not bashing the book your small group is doing or the book sitting on your night stand ;) You know you have them. I am just saying without God you will never figure it out. Have I told you four years ago my sister brought my niece home from Ethiopia. In fact it was four years ago this month; the time in my life when i was so desperately searching for why God placed me her at this time. You see I know some of the verses in the bible; I know it says in Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." OK I didn't actually remember the exact verse off the top of my head but I knew it was said by God somewhere. So, four years ago I asked Jason if he would consider adopting. He said no, He said he could never do it. He did say he would read the information if I ordered it from an agency. I was crushed..... he never read a single word from the welcome folder. It sat on the table for weeks and eventually collected dust and was thrown away. Four years ago on September 24 when my husband said no to an Ethiopian Princess our daughter was born. Our daughter was born across the oceans in another land. Now if that is not a perfect plan I don't know what is.
Not only have I been on the most amazing journey of adoption the past year I have joined many other adoption stories. I have witnessed miracle after miracle and I am so blessed, honored and humbled to be part of His big plan.
So I've been asking and looking for a long time to see the plans He has from me. The one place I kept missing was James 1:27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. But then again the Holy Spirit will only reveal what you are ready to see and hear.
We are all part of His big plan. So are you ready? Are you ready to hear the answer to the question.... go ahead I dare you to ask. I did and look who He showed me March 2010
Posted in: on Thursday, September 8, 2011 at at 10:45 PM



Love this post! i wrote one like this a while back, when God smacked me in the head as to why i'm here(not insinuating you were smacked in the head, but that's how he got my attention).
Beautiful post Ann!
Love you, friend. I am so thankful you are walking this path with me...you are such a treasure...
what a beautiful post! your children are soooooo gorgeous!x
Hey I haven't checked in on you in a while! Glad to see that you've been on your first trip now, and that you're bringing home Matthew, too! Best wishes in the remainder of your journey. It really feels good when we find out how the Lord wants to use us to help Him, doesn't it? I think it's awesome how we all have different gifts and can bless others in different ways. Anya has truly brought that passion to make a difference into my heart.
Love that song. Such a true post. I am still asking, and waiting for an answer...trying to discern what I'm really hearing. Thanks for the encouragement to keep asking...the world can be so negative. Can't wait until your babies are home! :)