For all the World to Hear
God has been telling me all long that our journey is not about us there is so much more in store. I believe it is more than my human side can comprehend. He has also told me to share everything, not just the big stuff but the little stuff too. So I can not get on a plane without sharing with all of you what happened to me last night. I will have to go back just a bit over the past week or so. I had posted long long ago that God had made a promise to me and it was that we would have all the money we needed when we needed it and not to worry about loans and debt and to tell you the truth it took me along time to believe it. Way back in our journey I started to see that God really does hold true to His promises not just about the money end. So we were fully funded in April after our benefit concert. We were fully funded to bring Varvara home; remember we didn't commit to Matvey until Mothers day; we would need another 13k to bring him home. So after we committed to him we started fundraising again. We raised what we needed in just a couple of months. Fully funded again and trust me it felt so good, I was so humbled by Gods love. Little did I know it is so much more love than we know or can even understand. Sorry this is long but the details are important for you to see the whole picture. After our first trip and spending more than we thought on transportation and finding out our medical exams would cost us and extra $300 a piece I knew we would be short and also we had three trips not 2 and that adds another $1000. So needless to say we were short by $2000. So I prayed and posted on my blog our needs. God said if you don't ask then they won't know. My complaint to God was "I am tired of asking. I know people will think we are just asking for money. I don't want to ask anymore." It wasn't that I didn't trust God, I just didn't like his ways. Its tough being obedient and doing things that you are so uncomfortable with. I didn't want to ask for more money. Everyone has been so generous and I just could see how me asking for $2000 could be right. Seriously I was feeling selfish we already were blessed with $53,000 how could I possibly ask for more. It didn't feel right. I had read once that if you are going to adopt you need to expect to go into some debt, but it is all worth it to help and child and give them a family. That statement has always stuck into my mind. I thought we can not possibly get all the money we have to at least have some debt but all the while I could here Gods small voice, the promise he told me May 2010, "I will supply all you need, no loans no debt" I had shared that with my husband before we even began this journey. I don't think he ever really believed me until............ last night.
As I was building with legos and watching Mrs. Doubtfire with Keegan and I heard a knock at the door, it was not real late but too late for company to come over I figured it was someone coming to get eggs. I went to the door and a friend of mine was standing with a smile on her face. Now this isn't unusual she always seems to have a smile on her face. She has a way of lighting up a room when she enters; there is an energy about her that I just adore. She starts rambling about not having my phone number and she called but couldn't get ahold of me so she just came over. The funny thing is we have known each other for years and we are far more than acquaintances but never has she just stopped by. She proceeds to pull out her checkbook from her purse, instantly I feel the thoughts coming in "you don't deserve this, she doesn't need to give you this." My friend proceeded to tell me that her husband her talked, prayed and decided they wanted to help. The check was for the amount we needed....$2000. The tears welled up and I didn't have the right words to thank her. She didn't know that inside I was on my knees thanking our God. It was just an hour or so before she came to the door that I had talked with God and with peace in my heart I said "$2000 that's not bad for debt, we will find a way to pay it off but if you don't want us to have the debt God you will have to work that out yourself because I am not asking for any more money, i am done!" Sometimes I like to think i have all the control in my life and the control of God in my life like I can make things happen by my will. I know you would think I would be over that but it takes many many times to learn my lessons. So again God has showed me that His Will will be done, no matter if we loose faith and give up. Thank God He never gives up. Thank God his words are true and unchanging.
Thanks for reading and share the news.... Miracles still happen! :) I am off to the airport in a few hours see you on the other side of the pond!
Posted in: on Monday, November 7, 2011 at at 9:18 AM

What else can I say but WOW!!! The power of God is far bigger than I could ever imagine.