Home Sweet Home

Finally and update that I know you all have been waiting patiently for.  You will have to bare with me this is the third time I have typed this. Each time I sit down to type this out I start to fall asleep and then realize the next day it doesn't make since. I am still trying to recover from jet lag while trying to get a new normal in our lives. Things have been really busy around the Plummer house hold but a good busy. Everyone seems to be adjusting well and really enjoying have the babies here. There are lots of details to catch you all up on. First of all I have to share with you our experience with the United States Embassy in Moscow. It was so fun entering a room full of American adoptive families each and everyone unique in their own way.  We received each of the babies visa's with a warm welcome from the staff. Our facilitator, Boris, shared with us the next morning that the later that afternoon the United States Embassy contacted him to congratulate us on our adoption, now this isn't something normally done. They called because they were so happy we were approved for both of the babies, they told him that we have opened doors for other children with Down Syndrome. They said they understood that the process must have been very difficult not only because the babies had DS but because we were adopting two.  They said not only our region but all regions in Russia are very worried and cautious about American adopting children with DS because of a case some time ago where a father killed a little boy with DS, he was adopted by an American family from Russia. So how cool that we persevered and that our perseverance could change many lives.
Anyways on to photos and updates on the babies. They both seem to be adjusting really well. They are both very easy going kids that are not hard to please. Just sitting and playing with them seems to be enough and with 5 other people in the house there is never a time for boredom.  Varvara is just a typical little girl trying to figure out her place in our family. She is learning rules and at times is quit stubborn at following them. Although she is four she seems to be developmentally 2 years old so you know what that means..... terrific two's ;) She is very lovable and will take a kiss and hug at any moment. She is very smart and can understand most commands already. I did have to learn how to say no more crying in Russia because nap time seems to be a not so happy time. I usually stay up stairs and assure her I am still right in the hallway but she get pretty angry. Her cry is  a angry cry not a sad cry and she says stuff in Russian while she is crying. I think she is saying "Hey Mom! I don't want a nap!" The workers at the orphanage said she has a very hard time falling asleep I think it is because she really does not need a nap, most likely I will be skipping naps unless she seems like she needs one. On the days she has no nap she seems to do just fine. As for Matvey he is just a hoot to be around. He is always making funny faces and lot and lots and lots of babbling. He still does rock a lot but we have been trying to keep him busy so he does not feel the need to rock. For those of you who are not familiar with why they rock it is usually a self soothing mechanism due to being bored and neglected in the orphanage. He is very sweet though and loves being held and rocked and I am loving the fact he still takes a bottle because it gives us more opertunity to bond.
They both have a very healthy appitite; they will eat anything you put in front of them. Varvara seems to be confused on preparing dinner she cries quitely everytime I am preparing her meals. Its is sad but oh so sweet :) It must be because she had never seen dinner prepared it just magically appeared in her groupa at the orphanage. She is getting better about it and is beiginning to understand the waiting process better ;)
So here are some photos since we have been home. Sorry it has taken so long. Coming home video coming soon, I almost have it done.


Looking Up


Looking Down :)



Making music. Abigail and Matvey



Swinging with big sister Abby


Soccer makes Matvey tired.


Varvara making music.


Varvara making banana bread



Dinner time is Vavara's favorite time.






1 comments:

  1. happy to hear it is going well, sweet pictures, thanks for sharing

     

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, but please remember once yuo send you can not take back your words.