Who is he?

Three long and lonely years he laid in a crib. He waited to be held and loved.
Today he is my son.
He is a gem and I love him dearly.
He astounds me everyday.
He takes my breath away with his sweet giggle when I hold him.
Matvey is a little prince who I can barely let go of during the day.
He prefers me....
and I love it ;)
He sees his mama across the room and crawls as fast as he can to get to me, he then
looks up at me with his big blue eyes and his big cheeky grin....
waiting to be pick up and cuddled.
Today he crawled all the way across the room and for the first time in his life
all by himself he pulled up to the coffee table.
Just three weeks ago he didn't even move from the spot you sat him and now today
he crawled to his mama and with complete joy he pulled himself up.
When he stood on his two tiny legs he beamed.
His smile went from ear to ear and then he let out a huge
Yeah!!!!! accompanied with clapping hands. Not once but three times. It took everything I had to keep my composure. It melted my heart.
It brings a lump in my throat and tears to my eyes to think of how far he has come since we first met our son. To tell you the truth he overwhelmed me. I didn't know if I would be capable to mother such
a tiny frail little guy. He was almost three and could do anything for himself. But God knew that before we
even met him and he still chose me to be his mama.
I can hardly believe he almost didn't make it into our family.
I am so thankful that God is persistent in his plans.
I told my daughter today that I can not believe we almost didn't adopt him.
I can not imagine our family without this little one.
He is a joy.
He is amazing.
He is perfect.
He was given to our family by our Father in Heaven.
I am sure we did nothing to deserve someone so special but what I do know is we will be forever
thankful. I do know when you step out in Faith and Faith alone you will be blessed.
Lay your eyes on our little blessing and then go to reecesrainbow and find yours, be careful they will steal your heart and make you stretch your faith more than you ever thought possible.
Don't think God would call you to something like this? You think you could never bring a child into your family that not only you didn't birth but also with special needs?
Matthew 17:20 says "You don't have enough faith," Jesus told them. "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible."
I am no one special. I don't have anything extraordinary. God didn't call us into this journey because we
possessed something you don't have. He calls many of us. He calls more than we can even fathom.
The problem is that many choose to walk away. Many think it is something that they can't do. Thank God that we didn't walk away because this little guy would have no hope for a future beyond the four walls of an orphanage. Over 50 families gave up hope for this little guy and I thank God everyday that he saved Matvey for us. He trusts us to love, nurture, and care for this little being.
We will do all we can to cherish his life.







 




Life's a gift and if we don't all start opening our eyes, hearts and families to these gifts
We will all miss out on the many blessings God has planned for us all.



3 comments:

  1. The joy in his smile brings tears to my eyes.

     
  2. yea matvey!
    way to go!
    ann, those cheekers are killing me!!

     
  3. When I look at those photos, I can't help but think "this is what life is about. THIS. Not cars, not jewlery, not nice shoes... but THIS"

     

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, but please remember once yuo send you can not take back your words.