Who is She?
An orphan for four years.... That's what she is NOT!
She is a princess of our Lord. I am thankful He chose us to love her.
Four years she waited and over 100 families said "No, she's not for us" I can't believe over 100 families look into her big brown eyes and said "No".
IF only they gave her the time of day they would of saw a princess.
She loves unconditionally with the best kisses ever. On each cheek and your lips too she says "BA" and never forgets the second cheek. She LOVES her new baby brother with all her heart. He never gets away without at least 3 kisses.
She has a contagious giggle.
When she is in her car seat she dances, it looks like she is tooting a train whistle and she is singing along.
I know it will take work for her to attach to me as her mama but I will be patient and wait.
I have no doubt she loves all of us as her own but this little one loves the world as her own.
She is a spit fire too!
She is mischievous and disobedient just to be sure you are paying attention to her too.
"What? I didn't do this."
Don't let those big brown eyes fool you, she is one clever little girl. She misses nothing. She remembers everything down to every last detail. She is one big smarty pants.
I love her dearly and are so thankful she is here.
I am excited for her future to see who she becomes. She is strong willed and full of life.
She loves those around her and there are no conditions to her love.
She always wants in on the action there isn't a thing you can do to Matvey that she doesn't want done to her beside getting her hair washed in the bath tub. In fact there are very few things that she doesn't like and that is one of them. She screams louder than a fire engine. What ever you do don't put any water on her head not even a single drop. It's a battle we only endure every other day. I wish we could go longer but since she sucks her two fingers at night her hair smells not so good by the second day :P.
She also doesn't like you to touch her plate of food. She protests any help but I tell her "mommies help there little girls when they need it", the protest end quickly because she sees that I have accomplished getting the last scoop of salad on her spoon. This girl will not leave a crumb which is good for us because she eats all her veggies and I am pretty sure she doesn't love them all ;)
Did I mention she is gorgeous? Just beautiful.
When she smiles her eyes disappear and become little crescents.
| She is funny and super silly. Here she is sunk down in a bean bag chair. |
I have to admit I am not a morning person. I never have been. I'm not the type who sleeps in late but when I do wake up it takes me a bit to talk and get on with the morning. Guess who waddles down EVERY morning at 7am sharp? Yep this little angle. I'm getting used to waking up to this sweet face but I also should say, not many words are exchanged until I am fully awake ;) "Banana and cereal coming up"
These are those big brown eyes I was talking about. Just don't understand how you could say no to that! But then again God knew she was for our family so I am thankful for 100 families who said "no"
I am even more thankful we said "Yes"
"Yes" to this crazy life.
"Yes" to this busy life.
"Yes" to this to this full life.
"Yes" to this life that God has planned for us.
Don't get me wrong its challenging. It is hard at times. There are days when I go to bed asking God to forgive me for the patients I lacked during the day, for the times when I wasn't sensitive to my children's needs, for times when I didn't make time for anyone but myself and for the times when I ask "why me", "why this".
But I wouldn't change a thing, I would go back in time to change decisions I made. I love my life. I love my family. I am blessed. I have things I don't deserve. I am living life as a princess of our Lord, a wife, a mom of five and one is about to become a teenager. YIKES!!
| Matvey and my soon to be teen Isabella. |
Just in case you have a feeling your missing someone for your family click here: www.reecesrainbow.org. Don't forget these aren't homeless children they are familyless. They don't need a warm coat or bed to sleep in they need unconditional love. They need a mommy and daddy. They need YOU!
Posted in: on Monday, January 9, 2012 at at 9:34 PM

Hello from Reece's Rainbow! How are things going for you guys? Adoption is an amazing thing but it also brings its challenges! Sometimes it helps to talk to someone who has "been there". Please feel free to email me if you ever have questions or just need to talk.
~Rachel Whitmire
Post-Adoption Care Coordinator
Reece's Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry
www.reecesrainbow.org
Rachel@reecesrainbow.org