Beyond our four Walls

I recently read a blogger's blog on her thought about the bible. Partly it was humorous but mostly it was so true. Here are my thoughts on what opened my eyes to how we live. Sometimes truth can be hard to hear. But I believe along this journey God is opening up my eyes to what it really means to be the hands and feet of Jesus. To go beyond what we believe is contained in our four walls.
What if; when God ask Matthew, Mark or Luke to write the bible he actually meant write what you think I want it to say. In fact you can write what you want and we will let those people figure out what it means. It doesn't have to be exactly true as long as they get the point. And if they want to use it to fit into there own lives they can they can rearrange it to make it fit. What ever they are comfortable with because I don't want anyone to be uncomfortable with what I ask them to do. What if he change the rules along the way but the editor took the day off that day. What if it was suppose to read like this: You shall not worship any other God-well unless your god gives you what you want when you want, You shall not murder-well unless someone has *pissed* you off, You shall not steal-well unless no one sees you and they don't deserve it anyway. You get my drift. God did have a reason for these moral standards. He wasn't mistaken when he told Moses to write them down and tell the people. God means what he said and He did not change anything along the way. So I leave you with one last thought
James 1:27 Here are the kinds of beliefs that God our Father accepts as pure and without fault. When widows and children who have no parents are in trouble, take care of them. And keep yourselves from being polluted by the world.

So do you think that means only if it isn't to much of a burden? Only if you can afford to help? Only if it doesn't inconvenient you? What does it mean to you? I know exactly what it means to me. It's His perfect religion.

1 comments:

  1. I agree Ann. Love the greatest gift of all.

     

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, but please remember once yuo send you can not take back your words.