Celabration Time "Come On"

$0 to $37,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at the top we are filled up. We are so blessed. Yesterday I went to a Purim Banquet to celebrate the story of Ester (although I am not Jewish I have great respect for the people of my Lord) with a  wonderful group of women.  Anyways, a friend I have recently met through our adoption story (and through church) came up to me and said her husband and her wanted to see our thermometer filled up, so they went ahead and put the rest of the money in. What a wonderful surprise. I was thinking at the time they must if donated around $400 because I thought we had around 36,600 and then while driving home I remembered we only had 36,000. Wow they donated a $1000!!!! I am without words and if you know me that is very uncommon.  God truly does not leave you, He keeps his promises and so much more. I am humbled at this gift that He has given us...His grace, mercy and love. I truly wish I could thank all of you the way I would like, or at least a way that I could show you how honored we are by your love. All of you have played a part in an amazing miracle and if you are just starting to follow then you should take the time to read through my past post and you will know exactly what I am talking about. This is such an awesome journey and the reality of it is still hard for me to believe. Seven months ago almost to date we started the first of many fundraising efforts. We started at $0. We made some quick strides toward our goal and we made some very slow strides. Six weeks ago I was begging God to help us; I was begging Him to remember His promise and praying I heard Him right. Six weeks ago we needed $20,000, yes 20k we now are so close to being truly fully funded.
In December I realized that the numbers just didn't seem right, Reece's Rainbow stated on their website that our region was under 30,000. When I added everything up, (five months into our adoption journey) totals were reaching over 38,000 nearly 40,000. My hope quickly went down that we would ever raise that much money. I change our thermometer from  30,000 to 37,000. I dreaded seeing 40,000 at the end of the meter. I thought if we could just get to 37,000 then we will figure out the rest. Did you see "We"? I now realize that I was selling God short. I put Him in a box that said there was no way He could fill the meter to 40k. Oh my Gosh what a fool I am. The money I looked at as a mountain and it isn't even an ant hill to God. He is mighty and He is mighty to save. So here we are seven months to the date and $38,000 funded just two more thousand and we will be fully funded. TWO MORE!! Now.......I got the call from a old high school friend who wants to help put on a benefit concert in honor of our family. WHAT???? "You have got to be kidding!" A group of people were already arranging plans. They were getting bands together. They are excited and touched by our story. By our Little B. Not sure any of these people know it; but I believe they were touched by our one and only God.
This will be our last fundraiser we will not be needed any more donations so please any one who would like to help us and keep blessing us with monetary donation;s I ask that you now help my dear friend Taryn as she waits for her miracle. She is adopting a litte girl who will turn 5 this May. Taryn is a single mom with a 15 year old son with Down Syndrome. It would be so awesome to see her receive the same love you have all showed me. So if you have the heart for "the least of these" and would be willing to  part with a few dollars to save a life, Please help out Taryn. www.seyboldfamily.blogspot.com she is about six weeks out and she will need to have her monies (20k+).

Thank you and many blessing to all of you!!!! Travel date should arrive shortly. Make sure you are invited to my private blog that is where you will see all the photos of when we travel.

3 comments:

  1. Well, my nice clean shaved legs are no longer smooth cause I got goose bumps all over them. Thank you for sharing your story and make sure you let us know when the concert is.

     
  2. Praising God for His provision!!!!! Come on, travel date!!!!

     
  3. So so SO awesome! Also, you went to a purim event? I'm proud!! Especially since I, as a Jewish chick, totally haven't gone to anything.

     

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, but please remember once yuo send you can not take back your words.